Happy Winter Solstice 21 December 2013 marks the shortest day where the Sun is at its lowest remaining there for 5 days. From this point it transforms, beginning to rise higher above the horizon and will be out for longer. Now the weather is appreciably colder and most of the plants have died back; on the surface all appears dead. Yet deep within, the natural world’s life energy drives inward; a productive time for being our own silent observer so we can enrich our existence.
Moving Mountains The obstacles and challenges in our lives may seem like great unmovable monuments. However, with observation our fresh awareness can be like sunlight on the fog. This transformation can add a renewed and extraordinary advancement to our lives. If we allow ourselves to create a turning point like the rising Solstice Sun we will achieve more Happiness and Success.
How do we do this? My short You Tube video will explain.
Ghosts of our past – take off the blindfold – What really holds us back to finding our true happiness; that sense of completion in other words?
There are moments in our lives where we clash with people and react outwardly and obviously; perhaps with anger, or inwardly and perhaps hidden; such as frustration or sadness. All these instances cause us blockages, a sense of powerlessness and loss of our energy.
When we act negatively it is caused by at least one significant event very early in our life that left us feeling incomplete; a Root Pattern which we have forgotten and lay hidden. We allow this pattern to be repeated again and again in our lives whenever a catalyst occurs.
In any situation we ‘perceive’ events in our own distinct and personal way; known as cognition. We internalise all the data we perceive through our 5 senses and respond based on our own past individual experience. So our present moment is coloured and distorted by our past. Yet the actual reality is completely different from our cognition. If a glass of clear water was placed on the table we would all see it differently. Some would see it as refreshing, others cold, some tasteless. These are all perceptions, but the reality is it’s simply a glass of water. So we have a choice whether we can bias our interactions with our opinions and emotions formed from the past or allow ourselves to observe the reality for what it really is. We can choose to deplete our strength with ongoing battles or thrive by gaining wisdom through untainted observation.
Success through the light of Wisdom As long as we first accept that we can change and transform the way we perceive situations, we can liberate ourselves from the burden of this pattern. Even doubt is changeable! Your perception and cognition can bind you in the past or free you to live a happier more harmonious and successful life right now.
- Sit in front of the mirror so you can connect with the person within you.
- Then recall any incident as far back you can remember where you felt powerless or felt a conflict in your life even if it was last week.
- Relive it as if you are experiencing the situation now; bring past into present. Sense the emotions (e.g. anger, inadequacy, frustration) that arise and sensations you feel in your body (e.g. tenseness in shoulders, emptiness in stomach).
- Once you have embodied the incident and brought the event into your consciousness, ask yourself three questions:
i. What did I feel; the weakness I experienced in that situation?
ii. What did I express; my reaction and perceives strength I used to divert others from seeing my weakness I felt?
iii. What did I feel life was or others were as a result of that situation?
Keys to Happiness
- Repeat this process as often as possible with different incidents. Write the answers down and see if the same or similar pattern emerges. The more you practice the more you will be able to sense these emotions arising and be able to catch them before you express negatively.
- Breath to give yourself space before reacting and conflicts will dissolve and dissipate.
- Setbacks can deter you, but remember that these challenges are your teachers.
- The people you conflict with can easily be blamed for your resultant feelings. Yet it is worth bearing in mind that you are in this conflict as you’re repeating a habit you were predisposed to repeating before you even met this person you are in conflict with now. The same root thought pattern manifests in our present situations as they are catalysed by just one look or instance.
- Be Grateful, therefore to those that challenge you as provide the opportunity to look at yourself and put into practice your new gained knowledge of your patterns.
- Show persistence in this practice with Will and Courage as we will be tested at your weakest moments by people who know those buttons to push.
- Next time we are in a conflict and want a battle, decide if we would prefer to say “I am Right” or “I am Happy”. Decide if you are happy. You will find that when you let go of the need to be right you can begin to be completely happy.
With this new discovery you will see that your past life of reoccurring scenarios can be erased from now. Allowing yourself to let go of this root pattern you have been harbouring will banish the physical ailments that you have also been holding on to. Healing and Happiness can only be achieved with a committed intention. Your decision to be Happy rather than Right will allow you to triumph over your barriers. You will feel more renewed, more focused, more alert and you will be able to achieve a whole lot more in your life.
Now for a recipe that will warm up your days…..
First two tips for happy healthy eating:
- Try eating 75% of what you think you need and wait a while before you eat anymore. In that pause, your stomach will confirm that you are actually happy and full enough.
- With your key high nutrition food items, try buying organic so that you minimise the pesticides and chemicals you put in your body.
Sticky Balsamic Red Cabbage & Apple
Sweet red cabbage is packed full of antioxidants, boosts your immune system and is heart and brain food – perfect to warm you up on a cold evening.
- Olive oil
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds
- ½ red cabbage – cut into irregular chunks
- 1 onion – peeled and sliced
- 1 large apple (cooking) – cut into 3cm chunks
- 75ml balsamic vinegar
- 100g tempeh (optional) – cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ tsp cinnamon – grind yourself if possible
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt
- Warm oil in pan – cook fennel seeds till golden
- Add onion – cover and cook till browned
- Add apple, then cabbage – fry for 2 minutes
- Pour in balsamic and add cinnamon – stir in then cover on slow heat for 30mins (stir occasionally).
- Stir in cinnamon and tempeh – cook for further 30mins
Serve with boiled potatoes drizzled with olive oil, crushed black pepper and sea salt
I would welcome feedback on my article and as always am available for treatments this Winter following my Autumn break.
Warmth and Majic
Inspired by this You tube clip from one of Nithyananda’s ordained teachers.
|Karen Durham DS MRSS Practitioner T: 07986 088 900 E: email@example.com W: www.afinebalance.co.uk|