Cashew nuts are often a really good way to add a creamy consistency to the topping. Including almonds make a crunchy base.
An important thing to note is that it is always good to soak any nuts that you use in the recipe. It is recommended to soak for 7-24hours. I do this overnight wich takes little effort and only a bit of forsight. Soaking eliminates or minimises nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances found in nuts grains and seeds
Click this article which explains the Benefits of Soaking Nuts
- To remove or reduce phytic acid.
- To remove or reduce tannins.
- To neutralize the enzyme inhibitors.
- To encourage the production of beneficial enzymes.
- To increase the amounts of vitamins, especially B vitamins.
- To break down gluten and make digestion easier.
- To make the proteins more readily available for absorption.
- To prevent mineral deficiencies and bone loss.
- To help neutralize toxins in the colon and keep the colon clean.
- To prevent many health diseases and conditions.